Monday, September 13, 2021

JENNIFER DOUDNA, CHEMISTRY NOBEL LAUREATE

"Of course I was aware about the Nobel announcements being made, but I just didn’t really think too much about it. I turned the ringer off on my phone and I went to bed. I fell asleep and fell into it very deeply. I woke up at just before 3:00 am, California time. My phone was buzzing and I could see that somebody was calling and then there were some unanswered calls and messages. I picked it up and it was a reporter from Nature magazine who I know, Heidi Ledford.

She said, ‘Hi, Jennifer, sorry to bother you early. But I really wanted to be the first to ask you how you feel about the Nobel.’ I was literally coming out of a deep sleep and I said to Heidi, ‘Oh my god, I haven’t had time to look at the news. I don’t know who won it?’ And she said, ‘Oh my god, you haven’t heard!’"

Last year Jennifer Doudna woke up to the news that she had been awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for her work on CRISPR. Who will be woken up with a surprise call this year?

Stay tuned in October to find out: https://bit.ly/2QRp4Jp

Grateful thanks to 

No comments: