Tuesday, August 25, 2020

NOBEL LAUREATE : Robert Curl

"When I was nine years old, my parents gave me a chemistry set. Within a week, I had decided to become a chemist and never wavered from that choice. As I grew my interest in chemistry grew more intense, if not more sophisticated. (...) 

I was not a particularly distinguished student as a child. My grades were good but obtained more by steady work than any brilliance on my part. I vividly remember my father telling me that one of my elementary school teachers had told him that I was not brilliant but I was a steady hard worker. Somehow the further I progressed in school, the easier it became to do well."

From an early age Robert Curl realised that he wants to become a chemist, read his life story: https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/chemistry/1996/curl/biographical/

Robert Curl shared the 1996 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Harold Kroto and Richard Smalley "for their discovery of fullerenes".

No comments: