Thursday, January 30, 2020

GREAT LIVES

     GANDHI MEMORIAL DAY:
               JANUARY  30
Observed as MARTYRS' DAY in India. 
Gandhiji means many things to many people. He is hated, loathed, ignored, violently criticized and made fun of. But there are people who not only love him but also adore and worship him. I belong to this category. One can easily pick up from his life adorable principles to follow and practice. His life is replete with them. 

I have taken out the following guiding principles with a view to emulate him:

1. TRUTHFULNESS IN THOUGHT, WORD & DEED
2. NON-VIOLENCE IN THOUGHT, WORD & DEED.
3. UNIVERSAL LOVE
4. SIMPLE LIVING & HIGH THINKING
5. NON-COVETOUSNESS & NON-POSSESSIVENESS
6. SELFLESS LIFE & SELFLESS SERVICE.

The practice part of it is not only very, very difficult but also almost impossible. Attempts to follow these noble principles were futile even for a few days and made me realize that he is really a Mahatma.

With all my failings, I still remind myself of these noble virtues frequently  and dream at least in some future birth, I may realize them at least to a small extent.

GOD BLESS HIS MEMORY!

No comments: